Bauer Hyperlite Kneeguards ?

image.thumb.png.2beae941651aef48c68efa0d4e5a55fd.png

Does anyone know what knee guards these are? Saw them on The Hockey Shop Source for Sports bauer hyperlite pad review. They don’t seem like anything bauer offers now, so i was wondering if they are knee guards that are coming out with the hyperlite line.

Edited by That_1_Goalie45

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

118809695_BauerKnees.thumb.png.1a1a66a5a58f88a002a1a38365d1b5bc.png

Bauer has redesigned/changed the graphics on their knee pro for this year.   I haven't seen either of these in person yet to know if there are differences beyond simply cosmetic changes.

Are they not making the 4-strap Supreme models anymore?

3 hours ago, That_1_Goalie45 said:

image.thumb.png.2beae941651aef48c68efa0d4e5a55fd.png

Does anyone know what knee guards these are? Saw them on The Hockey Shop Source for Sports bauer hyperlite pad review. They don’t seem like anything bauer offers now, so i was wondering if they are knee guards that are coming out with the hyperlite line.

Looks like the user is wearing them backwards.  The velcro is usually on the outside of the knee.

Yeah I would think that Bauer would lean more towards the 1x design because most people seem to like those more. Also where can you fin Bauer's pro knee guard model online? 

3 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Bauer has redesigned/changed the graphics on their knee pro for this year.   I haven't seen either of these in person yet to know if there are differences beyond simply cosmetic changes.

Edited by That_1_Goalie45

6 hours ago, That_1_Goalie45 said:

Yeah I would think that Bauer would lean more towards the 1x design because most people seem to like those more. Also where can you fin Bauer's pro knee guard model online? 

You can't until later this spring.  Once the new lines drop all the retailers will have them.  @CJ Boiss Those are their top 2 models for next year.  The only other option looks like a rebranded X900. If you like the current Supreme knee pro I'd probably grab a backup set.  Looking at a couple retailers it already looks like they've gotten a 20% markdown.

10 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Looks mostly cosmetic to me. If anything I hope they improved the durability material of the 1X model as well as making the landing inside more cushy for the knee cap.

Speaking of the 1X, has anyone heated the front cap to be more curved instead of sticking out wide?

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

You can't until later this spring.  Once the new lines drop all the retailers will have them.  @CJ Boiss Those are their top 2 models for next year.  The only other option looks like a rebranded X900. If you like the current Supreme knee pro I'd probably grab a backup set.  Looking at a couple retailers it already looks like they've gotten a 20% markdown.

These look a lot like the 1x's apart from some areas in size. Would the Bauer Pros be like an upgraded 1x, or something new?

10 hours ago, That_1_Goalie45 said:

These look a lot like the 1x's apart from some areas in size. Would the Bauer Pros be like an upgraded 1x, or something new?

Honestly, I'd be speculating if I said anything more than I have already.   To me, the Elite looks almost exactly like the 1x knee pro I bought over the winter and the Pro looks like the Supreme with the strapping changed around slightly.  But those are my opinions only.  Given the current (high) stock levels at the store I work at, it's pretty unlikely I'll be seeing these in person any time soon.

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

Looks mostly cosmetic to me. If anything I hope they improved the durability material of the 1X model as well as making the landing inside more cushy for the knee cap.

Speaking of the 1X, has anyone heated the front cap to be more curved instead of sticking out wide?

I don't really want to be the first, but that would solve the number one complaint I've had with the 1X knee pad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

Looking at the pics above some more, I can already see some slight issues and possible improvements I'd suggest to the Bauer designers...if I knew who they were and could get in touch with.

Lol give it a try first, it looks promising. Like @southpawtendy48 I was thinking of ordering paw but might give these a shot. My favorite guards were the original yellow Supremes, on my 2nd pair now. 

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

Looking at the pics above some more, I can already see some slight issues and possible improvements I'd suggest to the Bauer designers...if I knew who they were and could get in touch with.

My friend test for them and they don’t do anything what tester suggest to them 😂😂😂

18 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

My friend test for them and they don’t do anything what tester suggest to them 😂😂😂

That I wouldn't be surprised. Few companies, regardless what product or industry rarely work with public feedback. Those that do have a better chance at producing something that will sell.

I'll put new and old side by side for reference

New Pro / Old Supreme

image.png.680e4d054667bac4c674742a5edb6439.pngimage.png.3bc7cf246c62890811ec08ed125f05d1.png

New Elite / Old 1X

image.png.dd608d7700829e8dc5fe002b0db24cde.pngimage.png.9596f0490edefc5919c1825b0f78c841.png

Both new lines look to have carried over the bottom knee landing portion from the 1X. 

The new pro seems a little more ergonomically friendly as it has a slight C-shape compared to the straight vertical on the old Supreme.

They added a strap keeper on the top strap of the new Elite.

Note they changed the garter attachment on both old pieces from the dual nylon tabs to a single rounded loop, so we'll have to buy new garters.

I'm a big fan of the 1X.  They've been off and on pretty hard to find at retail - either they were not making enough, or were selling out that fast.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I'll put new and old side by side for reference

New Pro / Old Supreme

image.png.680e4d054667bac4c674742a5edb6439.pngimage.png.3bc7cf246c62890811ec08ed125f05d1.png

New Elite / Old 1X

image.png.dd608d7700829e8dc5fe002b0db24cde.pngimage.png.9596f0490edefc5919c1825b0f78c841.png

Both new lines look to have carried over the bottom knee landing portion from the 1X. 

The new pro seems a little more ergonomically friendly as it has a slight C-shape compared to the straight vertical on the old Supreme.

They added a strap keeper on the top strap of the new Elite.

Note they changed the garter attachment on both old pieces from the dual nylon tabs to a single rounded loop, so we'll have to buy new garters.

I'm a big fan of the 1X.  They've been off and on pretty hard to find at retail - either they were not making enough, or were selling out that fast.

My gen1 1X has the rounded loop already. Bought like that. Maybe it was a shop spec.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

$150? Are they nuts? Plus tax 170 here. What in the F! I was thinking of paw customs and it's basically in this price point.  Bauer is just something else these days. 

Tried them on and wasn't crazy about them, but then again the only ones I really liked at all were the Bauer Supremes and the Vaughn SLRs. Maybe I'm "spoiled" by how not bulky my G-Netik knee pads are, even if I get bruises through them occasionally.