Prolaces Thread

Has anyone switched out the elastic toe strap on the G3/GT's for pro-laces? I really like the elastic setup Warrior has, but I find I don't get enough slack with it.

I was doing some edge work training on the weekend, and frequently found the boot of the pad interfering on the ice, because I couldn't get enough separation between the pad and my skate.

Was thinking I might try to swap in some pro-laces to see if it makes any difference. 

3 minutes ago, Puckducker said:

Has anyone switched out the elastic toe strap on the G3/GT's for pro-laces? I really like the elastic setup Warrior has, but I find I don't get enough slack with it.

I was doing some edge work training on the weekend, and frequently found the boot of the pad interfering on the ice, because I couldn't get enough separation between the pad and my skate.

Was thinking I might try to swap in some pro-laces to see if it makes any difference. 

@Kayen has adjusted his to give more give comparable to what he had previously with hals....  Maybe he can chime in!

4 minutes ago, Puckducker said:

Any chance these pads/elastics are new?

I found that when I first got my GT's, the elastic strap at the toe felt crazy tight to what I was used to.

Eventually got used to it, as well as the elastics broke in a bit and offered less resistance.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Any chance these pads/elastics are new?

I found that when I first got my GT's, the elastic strap at the toe felt crazy tight to what I was used to.

Eventually got used to it, as well as the elastics broke in a bit and offered less resistance.

Nah, I've got over 70+ skates in these over the past 4 months. They're pretty broken in by now. 

They feel great overall, it's literally  just an extra inch of give I need. I know people have used key rings on the attachment ring on the pad, to provide some added length. But I don't like how that puts the plastic clip into a more vulnerable position to get hit with a puck. 

9 minutes ago, Puckducker said:

I initially used HAL's, but I was using an old Reebok Customlite cowling for a bit, and the tabs didn't fit thru the front hole too well. So what I ended up doing was grabbing spare shock cord, and feed it thru the loop where the ARS toe straps are, and added it to a shock cord clip. 

32808429_10157406545718712_5737520422723780608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=268cbffbcb79387ae51d04b65a82ad22&oe=5B7FD37B

11 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

is the an option for added length on pro-laces? i bought stock ones from my store and they're rather tight on my 1 piece skates.

You can ask for a custom length on a new order.  If you're looking more for lengthening the ones you have, you could use a speedy stitcher and swap out the shock cord with the existing tabs.  It's pretty standard shock cord that you could source at a hardware store or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2018 at 12:42 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Press release just went out... 

Lefevre is licensing the Pro Laces Armour product. This means it will be a factory direct CCM option available to all pro goalies using CCM product. 

@TheGoalNet

Any idea if this will ever come to retail or retail custom? I noticed that the CCM YouthFlex line of pads have a similar HAL/Pro Laces toe setup, instead of regular skate lace like the "regular" lines of CCM youth goalie pads. I thought it was interesting that they had that setup before this agreement came out.

Finally made the switch to Pro Laces Armor on my RGT Pro pads.  Used them for the first time last night and am beyond impressed.

I installed mine as an offset toe and really noticed a huge difference in the attack angle on my slides/pushes.  The stock ARS straps I was using were great (a little tight and less forgiving at times) but I'm now a Pro Laces customer for life.  By far the premier option for the toe strap market.

IMG_20180910_105635.thumb.jpg.1f2abc3e7d7714617c9d1837c7121d5e.jpg.d9e73d3868001cc29e5a45f235cbadb1.jpgIMG_20180910_105647.thumb.jpg.a187aa83713db5234eee4b691782be04.jpg.6cd0eab67709f64571a95d73dedce0e6.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Finally made the switch to Pro Laces Armor on my RGT Pro pads.  Used them for the first time last night and am beyond impressed.

I installed mine as an offset toe and really noticed a huge difference in the attack angle on my slides/pushes.  The stock ARS straps I was using were great (a little tight and less forgiving at times) but I'm now a Pro Laces customer for life.  By far the premier option for the toe strap market.

That's good news.

Hopefully mine come in before the weekend. I've got 3 games to play, hopefully I can give them a good maiden voyage.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:32 AM, cwarnar said:

IMG_20180910_105635.thumb.jpg.1f2abc3e7d7714617c9d1837c7121d5e.jpg.d9e73d3868001cc29e5a45f235cbadb1.jpgIMG_20180910_105647.thumb.jpg.a187aa83713db5234eee4b691782be04.jpg.6cd0eab67709f64571a95d73dedce0e6.jpg

Cawarmar does this new model of laces still have the protruding bolt on the inside that rubs on the skate toe cap?

I am looking at pimping up the toe tie on my son's CCM Premiers that he should be getting soon!

The issue with the bolts was my only concern when I got this system 2 years ago.

19 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Cawarmar does this new model of laces still have the protruding bolt on the inside that rubs on the skate toe cap?

I am looking at pimping up the toe tie on my son's CCM Premiers that he should be getting soon!

The issue with the bolts was my only concern when I got this system 2 years ago.

Yes but many people are ditching the screws for lace attachments.   Waxed skate laces or the same cording used on pads or gloves.

I went with the screws because I still have cowlings on my skates.  Shorter screws with blue loctite is the way to go

I've been dealing with some pain in my right knee area with my Ritual GTs for the past couple months.

At first, it was on the outside part of the knee. Some Googling reveals that area to be the peroneus longus muscle? Removing the heel strap seemed to solve that.

Then I was getting pain on the inside part of the leg, just above the knee. Google says that it might be the gracilis muscle.

I rested and didn't play for about 3-4 weeks, but just skated on it Saturday. After 3 minutes of warmups, I felt the pain start up again. I finished the game and told the team I was probably done for the rest of playoffs.

Since I'm only 28, I stubbornly refused to believe my body was falling apart so quick. I had HALs on my previous pads (Passau) and never any issues like this until I started wearing the Warriors. I figured it must some issue with the pad, not with me (heard that one before?). I had some Pro Laces lying around that I purchased back in March 2017 but never used. Threw them on (using some spare lace rather than the supplied screws - didn't want to tear up the toe of my skate) and skated last night, on Tuesday.

No pain whatsoever. It's as if all the discomfort of the last 5 months was a bad dream.

TL;DR - Had pain with stock Warrior AR straps. Put on Pro Laces. Pain went away like magic.

• Like 1