Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

On 3/17/2018 at 1:44 PM, Mroy31 said:

Just put my order in for these today with Rance at TGC.

Custom specs: 1X knee block, 1X boot break, adjustable (aka removable) knee flap, double T glove with skate lace pocket.  

Now we play, the waiting game...

MRoy 2SPro Colours.PNG

Oh, and saw some black Brians Optiks with this red graphic on them while I was in the store... Don't worry @TheGoalNet I didn't put them on

21 hours ago, thebigm said:

My custom 2S set I submitted!  Should have them here by end of May!

Plain set really
Only difference from a stock pad is a soft boot break

additional custom options I asked my rep to get done for me are a medium pad with large length and the 1X calf as I like how simple it is.

Mark's 2s.jpg

I wish there was a shop around me that had a set I could demo. Never been a Bauer guy. In fact I'm just now in my first pair of Bauer skates. But there is something about these I'd love to try.

Also wish they came in something other than a white base. Pretty sure everyone who has commented on 1S and 1X has said that already... but now I can be included in that group. The whole digital printing thing isn't a thing until it's available for consumers like us in my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Also wish they came in something other than a white base. Pretty sure everyone who has commented on 1S and 1X has said that already... but now I can be included in that group. The whole digital printing thing isn't a thing until it's available for consumers like us in my opinion. 

Agreed. As neat as it is to see what Bauer is able to do for the Pro's, it really means squat till it can come out at the consumer level and at a decent price point.

I have this feeling that their custom graphics are just going to cost the consumer a ridiculous amount.

29 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Agreed. As neat as it is to see what Bauer is able to do for the Pro's, it really means squat till it can come out at the consumer level and at a decent price point.

I have this feeling that their custom graphics are just going to cost the consumer a ridiculous amount.

From what little I know... I agree on the ridiculous cost. And given how the C.O.R.TECH Skin seems to retain puck marks (images below taken from @1C5 after an estimated 100 skates) I'd just want to see other base colors before spending any of my cheddar. 

I don't recall ever seeing actual rebound comparison testing... but given the lack of base colors and the overwhelming concern on durability... I'd probably opt for FLY Optiks or Premier IIs at this point. 

352520E4-93B9-412F-9BA2-E651986DE84B.jpeg  18EEAA0D-1120-4EDF-A9BB-8653E533E559.jpeg

I feel more the issue with the custom graphics is how difficult it is to role out to a customer base in any kind of functional/user friendly sort of way. It's way more complex, on a number of fronts, than what a typical customizer is. 

Reality is, the only way Bauer can be confident that they can produce what the customer wants requires them to have a pretty direct relationship with the customer, which is really difficult to scale out to everyone. 

Probably what they will have initially is a customizer, but instead of picking colours for pre-made colour zones, you're able to "stamp" colour zones onto the design with some pre-made shapes and patterns. 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I was quoted potentially $500 to do a custom graphic (not that I can do one at this time).  They haven't sorted the pricing out just yet.  It's just the amount of time that will be spent doing the custom graphics for people.

2 hours ago, Puckducker said:

I feel more the issue with the custom graphics is how difficult it is to role out to a customer base in any kind of functional/user friendly sort of way. It's way more complex, on a number of fronts, than what a typical customizer is. 

Reality is, the only way Bauer can be confident that they can produce what the customer wants requires them to have a pretty direct relationship with the customer, which is really difficult to scale out to everyone. 

Probably what they will have initially is a customizer, but instead of picking colours for pre-made colour zones, you're able to "stamp" colour zones onto the design with some pre-made shapes and patterns. 

7 minutes ago, thebigm said:

I was quoted potentially $500 to do a custom graphic (not that I can do one at this time).  They haven't sorted the pricing out just yet.  It's just the amount of time that will be spent doing the custom graphics for people.

I understand Bauer has some work ahead of them on how to do custom work for the masses. My point is really more about the stock graphic and how there should be more options for base besides white without having to be considered a custom job. I actually kind of like the stock graphic... but maybe with a black base or something.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

I understand Bauer has some work ahead of them on how to do custom work for the masses. My point is really more about the stock graphic and how there should be more options for base besides white without having to be considered a custom job. I actually kind of like the stock graphic... but maybe with a black base or something.

I would agree as I would have totally done the reverse of what I ordered Primarily Black and than I would have either done white or silver.

Side note none of the additional requests I asked for could be done.  So I can't get a plus 2 or the others at this time :(

Edited by thebigm

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Ditto this comparison pic posted by Trav (1S left, 2S Pro right)AC09D690-D40E-4C81-9C53-F22A89934D24.thumb.jpeg.ed279cc53aa0aa05617cd0fbfd05aae0.jpeg:

From GGN twitter, looks like it does, although most angles make it look not quite as pronounced. Maybe it's just the transition from full thickness paddle at the grip to the ergo spine? 

Screenshot_20180324-153648.jpg

Edited by Mroy31

I want to purchase Bauer X900 and tried the X900 pads today with skate on and the small seem little short on overall length I pick up the medium and is perfect size ( little weird i'm 32-33 in ccm )  bauer is perfect for me ( 5''8 with ftk 19, 19.5 and I currently wear 32+3 pads ) 

I've always wear the bottom strap very loose on all my pads so the toe of the pads is close to the floor and it's why my knee is in the center with medium X900. 

I don't know if I describe it good but with my strapping method the pads go down a little bit and knee in fit right  

should be good with medium size ?

Edited by Many

15 minutes ago, Many said:

I want to purchase Bauer X900 and tried the X900 pads today with skate on and the small seem little short on overall length I pick up the medium and is perfect size ( little weird i'm 32-33 in ccm )  bauer is perfect for me ( 5''8 with ftk 19, 19.5 and I currently wear 32+3 pads ) 

I've always wear the bottom strap very loose on all my pads so the toe of the pads is close to the floor and it's why my knee is in the center with medium X900. 

I don't know if I describe it good but with my strapping method the pads go down a little bit and knee in fit right  

should be good with medium size ?

If I'm being honest, you'll probably be better off in a small. 

9 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

If I'm being honest, you'll probably be better off in a small. 

I know it's weird but the goalie at the store say i'm perfect in medium my knee is in center is just the overall length but it should be good  

On 3/24/2018 at 12:47 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

I’m really confused. This pic from GGN’s IG makes it look like the 2S Pro stick does not have the twisty part on the upper paddle that the 1S has. This is what I’m hoping for but keep getting conflicting info. Does anyone know for sure?

6F34BF59-CD80-416B-90AE-052E4B8F3758.thumb.jpeg.83c6267d46cc8636bad15486964149e9.jpeg

It will have the dip like the 1S and S190 .

6 minutes ago, thebigm said:

It will have the dip like the 1S and S190 .

On 3/24/2018 at 2:38 PM, Mroy31 said:

From GGN twitter, looks like it does, although most angles make it look not quite as pronounced. Maybe it's just the transition from full thickness paddle at the grip to the ergo spine? 

Screenshot_20180324-153648.jpg

On 3/24/2018 at 11:50 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Ditto this comparison pic posted by Trav (1S left, 2S Pro right)AC09D690-D40E-4C81-9C53-F22A89934D24.thumb.jpeg.ed279cc53aa0aa05617cd0fbfd05aae0.jpeg:

I can confirm what Big M says, the front of the paddle is the same as the 1S / Supreme Line 

24 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Does anyone know if the Vapor X900 skate is comparable to the 1X in the same fashion that the S190 is comparable to the 1S?

The x900 has no curv composite and has the LS1G steel vs the curv and LS2G the S190 has... I think that's mostly it. 

27 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

GoalieGearNerd has posted it before. It looks to use a lot more of PowerLite foam, which is what the core of the 2S pad is made of. 

Isn't that the foam on the 1S protective for player gear? Aka styrofoam.