Will New Graf Cowlings Fit Old Graf Skates?

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a chat with Vaughn Canada. They said that the size 11 cowling would fit a 11.5 size boot. So if you have a half size boot size down in Graf cowlings if you need some.

I ordered some boujee cowlings from the Monkey on clearance. I drilled them myself and mounted my old boots with some new hardware. I may replace the factory runners with some Step Steel down the road.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 9:37 AM, Corbotron said:

I ordered some boujee cowlings from the Monkey on clearance. I drilled them myself and mounted my old boots with some new hardware. I may replace the factory runners with some Step Steel down the road.

That's exactly what I did, G50 boots, with newer Graf cowlings and Step Steel. It's working fine for me. I also had some newer Graf skates (don't remember the model) but the boots are too stiff. I think the G50 and G750 were the last comfortable boots Graf made. I was always a "Graf guy", but when these skates are done, I guess I'll have to see what else is out there, because the Graf boots today lost the comfort that made them great/popular.

Graf.jpg

11 hours ago, daffy said:

@estogoalie Graf Canada did tell me they can still make the 750. It would be a custom order so not sure of total cost.

Hmm. What's funny is that I'm in Switzerland, and one of the reasons I like Graf is that they are a "local" company. Is Vaughn involved now with Graf Switzerland? Or Graf Switzerland is a separate company from Graf Canada? :idk:

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

Hmm. What's funny is that I'm in Switzerland, and one of the reasons I like Graf is that they are a "local" company. Is Vaughn involved now with Graf Switzerland? Or Graf Switzerland is a separate company from Graf Canada? :idk:

I think they are loosely involved with each other, but entirely separate entities. 

• 10 months later...

Archived