Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

52 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

They look great!! I like that you changed up the color zones in the glove and blocker away from the black outer roll. I was a bit of a slave to that. Wanted to keep a black outside edge on each piece. Was it just an aesthetic decision for you or playing with shooter’s visual?

8940DBDD-C496-4B2B-B398-2B5EC094CA59.thumb.jpeg.86922863757a49ce9a1b3a66b9127469.jpeg But 

For me I just liked the way it looked visually. I really didn't want to break up the solid color on the roll.

Edited by rlwillis33
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Remeber to replace your cages kids. 

Giving the open mouth cat eye a whirl. 

20200926_184246.thumb.jpg.d63b624792e4120c10c353e17437b91d.jpg20200926_184257.thumb.jpg.247bdf51c6e834500adc1c8d9040d79b.jpg20200926_184304.thumb.jpg.8ab1d96bc8bdd88f5c74f405e3aae50b.jpg

Is that one of those Guardian Angel cages? The eye opening looks larger than a regular cat eye cage to me, but I'm not sure if that's an illusion or not. I've been considering one to replace my certified cage.

Edited by Flyers27

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

That's illegal in Canada. I'm telling on you

Illegal to sell IN Canada. Not illegal to use, or to sell to Canadians. 😉

Stupid HCAA 

@Flyers27 main eye opening is about the same as a typical cat eye. You just trade better vision in tight for the bars to slightly come in on the sides.

First game with it went well. It's slightly better than a typical cat eye. Though I took a shot off the cage and it popped a screw loose... 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Stupid HCAA 

@Flyers27 main eye opening is about the same as a typical cat eye. You just trade better vision in tight for the bars to slightly come in on the sides.

First game with it went well. It's slightly better than a typical cat eye. Though I took a shot off the cage and it popped a screw loose... 

True but, goaliemonkey in Canada sold me one, I believe they are in Quebec.  They are online. 

Edited by mr_shifty1982

18 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Stupid HCAA 

Was the cage a custom order or did he just happen to have Bauer ones already made up? He also makes cheater cages.

Edited by RichMan

13 hours ago, RichMan said:

Was the cage a custom order or did he just happen to have Bauer ones already made up? He also makes cheater cages.

Cages are usually ready to go. I just pay a premium to get them from Goalieparts.com or Coaliecages.com.

@mr_shifty1982 https://www.hockeymonkey.ca/goalie/masks/cages.html

All I see are certified cages. Except for the Warrior non-cert cat eye

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Cages are usually ready to go. I just pay a premium to get them from Goalieparts.com or Coaliecages.com.

@mr_shifty1982 https://www.hockeymonkey.ca/goalie/masks/cages.html

All I see are certified cages. Except for the Warrior non-cert cat eye

His Facebook page shows quite a bit, and Google has a good view as well. 

I'm going to hit him up for a cage for my Reidic. 

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

When needed, usually when there is a dent, changing cages isn't a hobby lol

I guess I should have been more direct and asked how often your cages are getting dented.
I had one dented a couple weeks ago and ordered a cage that night. I played again the next day with my dented cage and managed to dent a different bar. 

16 hours ago, mikemc620 said:

I guess I should have been more direct and asked how often your cages are getting dented.
I had one dented a couple weeks ago and ordered a cage that night. I played again the next day with my dented cage and managed to dent a different bar. 

I don't find myself getting hit in the mask alot. I might have had 1 dent in 8 years. I play twice a week all year for at least the last 5 years.  I don't get hit that often. 

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I don't find myself getting hit in the mask alot. I might have had 1 dent in 8 years. I play twice a week all year for at least the last 5 years.  I don't get hit that often. 

I feel like I really shouldn’t since I’m 6’3” and my head is above the net when I am challenging shots but I have started playing a lot more since June. 

i got one last fall before I replaced my mask and two bars that were both dented on separate nights a few weeks ago. I am playing 4 nights a week right now and have been anywhere from 2-5 days a week this summer. 

13 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Lucky guy you are :D Only last Monday 2,5h ice time - 6 to the mask and 1 to the neck.