Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

It’s the stuff like this that keep people in True skates

5C112F92-9F5E-49A8-BC83-699636A008FE.thumb.jpeg.70acb19e95c7c70b89c1be6237141ba8.jpeg
After sending my one piece skates back twice within a year to get repaired (only the right skate had issues oddly. The left is perfect), True offered to replace my skates free of charge with two piece skates or new one piece skates. I opted for the two piece skates to be safe and will provide further updates as I go. True’s customer service is second to none. The only charge I payed throughout my experience was the initial purchase. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It’s the stuff like this that keep people in True skates

5C112F92-9F5E-49A8-BC83-699636A008FE.thumb.jpeg.70acb19e95c7c70b89c1be6237141ba8.jpeg
After sending my one piece skates back twice within a year to get repaired (only the right skate had issues oddly. The left is perfect), True offered to replace my skates free of charge with two piece skates or new one piece skates. I opted for the two piece skates to be safe and will provide further updates as I go. True’s customer service is second to none. The only charge I payed throughout my experience was the initial purchase. 

That's great to hear for a 1-piece owner. I've actually been thinking about opting for the TF9 (new stock 2-piece) or the custom 2 piece if I ever need a new pair. Let us know how you like them vs the 1's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dstew29 said:

That's great to hear for a 1-piece owner. I've actually been thinking about opting for the TF9 (new stock 2-piece) or the custom 2 piece if I ever need a new pair. Let us know how you like them vs the 1's.

I’ll be getting about 4 hours of ice time tonight as my first skate in them. I’ll let y’all know how it goes in combination with my modified G4’s (added a leather boot strap and G5 calf wrap)

13 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’ll be getting about 4 hours of ice time tonight as my first skate in them. I’ll let y’all know how it goes in combination with my modified G4’s (added a leather boot strap and G5 calf wrap)

I'll be interested to hear about the effects of the taller holder with steeper pitch. 

7 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I'll be interested to hear about the effects of the taller holder with steeper pitch. 

Let’s just say my first steps on the ice in these skates were shaky. The pitch really really threw me off. I think so far I prefer the one piece pitch but the height is amazing I feel much bigger in net and thanks to my narrow foot the attack angle is ridiculous. I wasn’t catching my edge at all during shuffles which is something I would’ve expected coming from a much lower skate and more stable skate. Ironically I feel I can put more power to the ice in the two pieces because the blade is moving farther relative to my foot.

21 hours ago, Naz said:

Picked this beauty up the other day.  Cage is thrashed so will get a new one.  But the helmet is in great shape.  Helmet is from the 1988 Canadian Olympic team.

Congrats! Pretty cool find and I love the retro look!

How is the padding inside the helmet - can it be replaced if it is rock-like? Yeah  that cage looks like someone took a hammer to it :( How hard will it be to get an replacement?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Colander said:

Congrats! Pretty cool find and I love the retro look!

How is the padding inside the helmet - can it be replaced if it is rock-like? Yeah  that cage looks like someone took a hammer to it :( How hard will it be to get an replacement?

Padding is wearable, although I should replace it.
Had another member graciously offer me another cage!  OTNY does make replacements, but they are over $100. This one looks like it was bent back into shape several times, and then painted with Liquid Paper LOL

18 minutes ago, Naz said:

Padding is wearable, although I should replace it.
Had another member graciously offer me another cage!  OTNY does make replacements, but they are over $100. This one looks like it was bent back into shape several times, and then painted with Liquid Paper LOL

LOL - you know, one day, if you are really unlucky we will meet on the ice...