NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, MTH said:

The entire league is young. 

Part of the reason why it's hard to watch. You sit there saying 'who the f is this dude?' most the game.

It's getting near women's professional tennis. The rookies are 14, the best players are maybe 17. They're old geezers by their 20s.

ok i’m sorry but i’m not sure how they’re “old geezers” by 20. there’s plenty of older ones who have plenty of talent. also the fact that theyre young? yeah i get the fact you hardly know who they are but it’s to be expected, why do you think they’re trying to get more people to watch women’s hockey in the first place? i don’t see the problem. 

im not a hardcore feminist at all by any means, but give the ladies a little credit, especially the ones who’ve played boys varsity and 18AAA and alike, who apparently are on the same skill level as the women’s olympic team... 

also, personally, i think no body checking is bullshit in women’s hockey. it’s a huge part of hockey that’s been taken out, id like to see what happens if they included it

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

ok i’m sorry but i’m not sure how they’re “old geezers” by 20. there’s plenty of older ones who have plenty of talent. also the fact that theyre young? yeah i get the fact you hardly know who they are but it’s to be expected, why do you think they’re trying to get more people to watch women’s hockey in the first place? i don’t see the problem. 

im not a hardcore feminist at all by any means, but give the ladies a little credit, especially the ones who’ve played boys varsity and 18AAA and alike, who apparently are on the same skill level as the women’s olympic team... 

also, personally, i think no body checking is bullshit in women’s hockey. it’s a huge part of hockey that’s been taken out, id like to see what happens if they included it

I *think* he was talking about the NHL being all young guys who are past their prime in their late 20's, which is not too far off given all the contract issues coming out of entry level contracts for guys who are already starting to take over the league.  

In terms of the women's teams, even if they have mixed results against midget AAA teams, those are kids who have no cares in the world and live and breathe hockey.  They're not part-time cops doing this on their days off.  If they had a viable pro option, then the overall skill would eventually rise too.  They're not gonna be making millions of dollars right away, but none of this is gonna happen overnight.

6 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yeah I think different rules are bullshit so long as the weight is compatible it should be allowed. 

11 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

I *think* he was talking about the NHL being all young guys who are past their prime in their late 20's, which is not too far off given all the contract issues coming out of entry level contracts for guys who are already starting to take over the league.  

In terms of the women's teams, even if they have mixed results against midget AAA teams, those are kids who have no cares in the world and live and breathe hockey.  They're not part-time cops doing this on their days off.  If they had a viable pro option, then the overall skill would eventually rise too.  They're not gonna be making millions of dollars right away, but none of this is gonna happen overnight.

if he’s talking about the NHLers, then yeah, i agree.

the part time hockey thing is sad but true, but i think we’re going in the right direction in terms of popularity on the women’s side... i hope hockey can be not just a part time thing for me in my potential pro career. 

20 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Well here in Texas they allow the AAA girls to hit when they scrimmage each other and I must say those girls look like they’re trying to kill each other out there lol

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Well here in Texas they allow the AAA girls to hit when they scrimmage each other and I must say those girls look like they’re trying to kill each other out there lol

Ever seen a Women's rugby match? They're ruthless.

15 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Anyway, here's a different siting... 

Belfour just cheesin' his mugshot for disorderly conduct and public intoxication charges. 

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4599106002

Screenshot_20200128-180452_Chrome.jpg

04a.jpg.f8e086dc7821f595c265800b52243e41.jpg

On 1/28/2020 at 1:39 AM, keeperton said:

I honestly thought it was a pretty good game. Desbiens made a lot of good saves and there were some great scoring opportunities.

I'd love to see women's hockey grow so that the top can be viewed better instead of on par with boys AAA U18 teams.

I like all hockey. College/International women's hockey is fun to watch.

The All Star weekend is supposed to be for the NHL. Let them have it. By forcing in other non-NHL players and all - it makes the NHL fans resent it. I think that's the wrong way to try to grow the non-NHL hockey game.

We need to let these NHL stars have the full attention so they become well known by the fans. I don't know most of the players in the All Star game and events. Sorry, I'm busy and all. But for a few hours in January I can watch these guys do their thing and then know them. Same with my kids. Then they go out front or at practice and say they want to play like Jonathan Huberdeau or these other young guns that I've never seen play before.

There are so many great hockey events (world championships, Canada Cup, Olympics). Let those grow for both men and women. Maybe add another 'hockey weekend' thing and have boys vs. girls events, boys games, girls games.. let it be about all hockey.

Keep the NHL for the NHL. Not that the NHL wouldn't be part of all hockey events. But the league can do their own thing and let their players have all the attention they deserve.

Does the NCAA Basketball Tournament have non NCAA games in the middle?

Daytona 500 stop their race so the boyscouts can have their pinewood derby?

No. And it's ok. 

On 1/27/2020 at 3:01 PM, RichMan said:

Who shit in YOUR cornflakes!?

Nobody. I did have cornflakes that day. Just with sliced bananas.

My 15 year old dog left a pile in my mud room though that morning. So maybe that's what got me. My dog is old, blind, mostly deaf, breath that will knock me out, and she'll still try to kill any dog that gets too close to her. Hate fuels her. She still has plenty in the tank.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Nobody. I did have cornflakes that day. Just with sliced bananas.

My 15 year old dog left a pile in my mud room though that morning. So maybe that's what got me. My dog is old, blind, mostly deaf, breath that will knock me out, and she'll still try to kill any dog that gets too close to her. Hate fuels her. She still has plenty in the tank.

Sorry to hear that. Nice to know the old girl still has it in her B|

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Doc1200 said:

Vinyl wraps the wave of the future for masks? Easy enough to just get it redone quick if it peels or wears off...

Or when, after a few crappy outings, the coach says to you , "don't do anything permanent to your mask with this team's colours"

5 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Here's an action shot, pad wrap with the remaining silver detail works surprisingly well - gives a early 2000s Leaf goalie look like Tellqvist and Belfour!

gettyimages-1199269564-2048x2048.jpg

His gear looks really good. Looks like they also changed the outer gusset nylon to blue colour.. I wonder what exactly they did.. Pad wrap and..?

Archived