NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/7/2020 at 9:22 PM, raucebyalien said:

Here's an action shot, pad wrap with the remaining silver detail works surprisingly well - gives a early 2000s Leaf goalie look like Tellqvist and Belfour!

gettyimages-1199269564-2048x2048.jpg

Man that’s some old school stuff. Multiple knee blocks, soft also. Probably shredded foam interior. 

On 2/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, netminder said:

400+ for a wrap that detailed. not much of a fraction...

Most high end paint jobs today run $800-1500.  I would guess the most exclusive painters (Sylabrush, DaveArt) are hitting $1800-2200.  
That’s a pretty decent chunk of change over the course of a season, considering many guys go through several masks and designs a year now. 

14 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Most high end paint jobs today run $800-1500.  I would guess the most exclusive painters (Sylabrush, DaveArt) are hitting $1800-2200.  
That’s a pretty decent chunk of change over the course of a season, considering many guys go through several masks and designs a year now. 

I've also only ever seen wraps top out at 400/450.  SkinFX does some as detailed as this for AHL guys, and those were 400 tops at the time.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:42 PM, Chester said:

Man that’s some old school stuff. Multiple knee blocks, soft also. Probably shredded foam interior. 

From what I remember, the story there was that when he joined the Kings org he tried some of Quick's old pads and loved the specs, so kept a pretty much identical setup. 

Here's him with the Stars with what looks like a stock (and pretty loose) V5 strapping setup, and then with the Quick set in LA:

They mentioned in his first Leafs game that he likes his pads to be really broken in before they see game action, so he might be in the wrapped set for awhile.

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 21.56.25.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 21.55.41.png

On 2/10/2020 at 10:52 AM, Mroy31 said:

I've also only ever seen wraps top out at 400/450.  SkinFX does some as detailed as this for AHL guys, and those were 400 tops at the time.

I'm not following.

My post was about paint jobs, I'm aware of the high end cost for wraps. 

$400 for a wrap vs $800 for a low end paint job - that's still a fraction of the cost.

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I'm not following.

My post was about paint jobs, I'm aware of the high end cost for wraps. 

$400 for a wrap vs $800 for a low end paint job - that's still a fraction of the cost.

I guess I should have quoted the post you were quoting, I was seconding your point. 

At worst it's half the cost which is still a significant fraction. 

Archived