Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

21 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I really don't think the nonsense that's regularly spewed in this topic is worth it. :giggle:

Better than the textbooks I have been reading for the past few weeks 😅

And when the topic of ditching bootstraps comes up, I'll always be intrigued because I have never been able to get used to having no boot strap and always go for the lundy loop.

1 minute ago, dretti33 said:

Better than the textbooks I have been reading for the past few weeks 😅

And when the topic of ditching bootstraps comes up, I'll always be intrigued because I have never been able to get used to having no boot strap and always go for the lundy loop.

That's one thing I've never attempted is the Lundy Loop. I think I just never figured out it's purpose and why people use it.

So got bounced out of the playoff semi's last night. One of those games where you can't get into a rythym due to a lack of shots and when they do shoot, it's off of odd man rushes, breakaways, or heavily screen shots.

Those are always the worst games to play.

I've been using my 2S all summer and it's served me well, very protective. However I tried on my GT1 again last night after my game and forgot about the sheer difference in available movement in the arms.

I'm going to wear it again on my ice time on Wednesday and see if my experiment with the 2S will be over or not.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's one thing I've never attempted is the Lundy Loop. I think I just never figured out it's purpose and why people use it.

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Same.  I've had one for a  while now and have not once used it.

I found that it helped the pad lift when I dropped down, similarly like the no boot strap does, but much more controlled in my experience. I also like the feeling of a tight boot that is next to impossible to get with my boxy CCM Premiers, so I get to keep that feeling with the lundy loop.

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So got bounced out of the playoff semi's last night. One of those games where you can't get into a rythym due to a lack of shots and when they do shoot, it's off of odd man rushes, breakaways, or heavily screen shots.

Those are always the worst games to play.

I've been using my 2S all summer and it's served me well, very protective. However I tried on my GT1 again last night after my game and forgot about the sheer difference in available movement in the arms.

I'm going to wear it again on my ice time on Wednesday and see if my experiment with the 2S will be over or not.

Man we got eliminated last night too.  First shot of the game on me went in: RW breaking in pretty fast , tracked and slid to my left a bit too far, shot went "behind" me just past my blocker, post and in. We tied very quickly and dominated there on out.  Went into the 3rd up 3-1.  Less than 10 minutes left, we take 5 penalties and they tie 3-3. We go into OT shorthanded.  They win the opening face-off and again, the RW breaks in pretty fast and almost identical shot to the first goal, it goes in.  Super fun game, but ouch.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Man we got eliminated last night too.  First shot of the game on me went in: RW breaking in pretty fast , tracked and slid to my left a bit too far, shot went "behind" me just past my blocker, post and in. We tied very quickly and dominated there on out.  Went into the 3rd up 3-1.  Less than 10 minutes left, we take 5 penalties and they tie 3-3. We go into OT shorthanded.  They win the opening face-off and again, the RW breaks in pretty fast and almost identical shot to the first goal, it goes in.  Super fun game, but ouch.

Ha, I have you beat. First two shots when in. We lost 4-3 lol. Breakaway goal top glove. Breakaway goal low blocker. All within a span of the first minute of the game.

So when are we going to face off against each other on the ice? Red Vs Blue

Red_vs._Blue_logo.jpg.2145606465599effaaeecca1607cdfff.jpg

9 minutes ago, dretti33 said:

I found that it helped the pad lift when I dropped down, similarly like the no boot strap does, but much more controlled in my experience. I also like the feeling of a tight boot that is next to impossible to get with my boxy CCM Premiers, so I get to keep that feeling with the lundy loop.

Interesting. I found the purpose of eliminating the boot strap was to free up the ankle for better movement range and less stress.

I wonder if an elasticated boot strap would be a good common ground for you?

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Interesting. I found the purpose of eliminating the boot strap was to free up the ankle for better movement range and less stress.

I wonder if an elasticated boot strap would be a good common ground for you?

I found that the better movement range with the CCM Premiers resulted in losing control of the pads. Mind you I haven't been much of a fan of them, so the super stiff and steep boot makes me lose control. I could see why price with his tight leg, soft boot EFlex's was one of the notable people to start the trend.

I agree with ya, I was looking at the Bauer CRS straps or Brian's as something I'd probably prefer. Also gives me an excuse to eventually go back to Bauer after ditching my old supreme One90 pads that I loved

23 minutes ago, dretti33 said:

I found that the better movement range with the CCM Premiers resulted in losing control of the pads. Mind you I haven't been much of a fan of them, so the super stiff and steep boot makes me lose control. I could see why price with his tight leg, soft boot EFlex's was one of the notable people to start the trend.

I agree with ya, I was looking at the Bauer CRS straps or Brian's as something I'd probably prefer. Also gives me an excuse to eventually go back to Bauer after ditching my old supreme One90 pads that I loved

Premier pads are an acquired taste for sure. You are starting to see less and less of them as better options come about.

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Premier pads are an acquired taste for sure. You are starting to see less and less of them as better options come about.

Ya I got them more on a whim, after the Bauer One90 boot completely collapsed and was popping rebounds into the slot, I elected for the steepest and stiffest boot on the market and now realize that that is not what I like. Definitely an antiquated style of pad

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Does anyone own an official NHL jersey in a non-goalie cut that they wear comfortable while playing?  I suppose size 60 would fit, technically, but be way too long, I imagine.

Yes length can be too long, but what is the hardest part with Non-goalie cut, is how tight the arms can be

• Like 1