The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty sure dude has used Kenesky and Premier units in the past. May be a new one that hasn't settled. 

Last I saw he was in the ccm ab18 (nhl premier unit)

1 hour ago, Cass said:

What about makes it not?

Hyperlite 2 will not meet the shoulder floater width restriction plus there’s some other factors that  may void the rules and haven’t yet been seen on a hockey chest protector as far as I know

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Last I saw he was in the ccm ab18 (nhl premier unit)

Hyperlite 2 will not meet the shoulder floater width restriction plus there’s some other factors that  may void the rules and haven’t yet been seen on a hockey chest protector as far as I know

I believe the catalog has been posted so these are fair game for discussion.   Are you referring to the new chest plate or the removable arms?  I assume the former, as NHL models of retail C/A's have been modded with sewn in arms for years now. 

32 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I believe the catalog has been posted so these are fair game for discussion.   Are you referring to the new chest plate or the removable arms?  I assume the former, as NHL models of retail C/A's have been modded with sewn in arms for years now. 

Yup the chest and shoulders 

2 hours ago, johncho said:

Matt Onuska of the Windsor Spitfires last night.

I'm not too familiar with the latest CCM offerings but is he wearing what seems to be a Eflex face, but with an Axis2 side?

IMG_2464.jpeg

40 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Eflex 6 good sir

Eflex 6 will be bringing over the improved knee stack as well. 

Anyone know if they're going the same route as Bauer with a Soft/Stiff option for their integrated knee stack? 

Laurent Brossoit Home and away sets.

I think it’s clear Brossoit has an after market calf warp and strap set up. Anyone know if this is done by the Vegas EQ staff or a some other modding business?

Also looking at his glove, I would love to see a database of the Bauer Pro Only gloves. Seems to be so many tweaked Spec gloves out there right now

8BF4DB68-43B4-4F24-9045-0F3A2FD0D58C.jpeg

AD89B3BA-4F45-4261-977E-9907EC279AE8.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Just like player stick kick points, there’s a few unlisted pro only options. From my understanding there’s 3 or 4 different pro only spec’d bauer catcher variations plus the current Mach, ultrasonic, and Hyperlite options at retail

I believe Vanacek has some kind of NXG based catcher