Protechsport Mask Thread

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thanks.  I would say its a bit more than an influence, more of a straight up copy.  At least as much of a copy as can be done with a vinyl wrap.

My biggest gripe with the wrap is that he wasn't able to make the face mask portion of the artwork line up correctly with the circular "pivot points".  Other than that I am happy with it.

Ha, i can see it as a copy, it looks slightly different to me for whatever reason. The Knights logo at the bottom looks sick too

On 2/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, Taco said:

Some unboxing photos of a full Kevlar, matte black Harrison style mask with a matching backplate vent (Potvin only had the right side). Also went with black padding, finished interior, and a chin sling. Feels ultra solid as expected.  

7CBA1A99-3A1D-43B9-A6B8-87CF9EBBA885.jpeg

DD96DB47-A7D7-4B79-BE5D-E17E95A4B440.jpeg

20594879-F014-4A7F-81B6-75638C12324E.jpeg

8787702E-23A2-44AA-9D51-FE649297CFB5.jpeg

Hey @Taco did you go with an extended chin?

I'll measure in a couple hours when home. Sorry, just now saw the request lol.

FYI, his Belfour model is not the same as the Potvin. I am not sure why he calls it the Belfour, maybe he sent him one way back in the day or something. Michel has been making masks a long time. Before he inherited the Lefebvre stuff, he had his own model that he came up with. From what I've seen, it has a different shape than the Potvin. One thing that it does have in common is the triangle vents everywhere.

I believe it might have been GSBB, but I remember Chakal posting pics of his original Protechsport from junior and it looked to have the same shape as the model he calls the Belfour now. You can see Belfour models in the slide show on his website. The Potvin thing is a recent development. I didn't start seeing it until the past year or so and it definitely wasn't advertised or available 12 years ago when I bought my first. I asked Michel how that came to be and he said the pattern was directly molded from a game-used Toronto Potvin Harrison mask which would make it very close to the real thing one would imagine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rebatttocs said:

My wife helped me make my head mold yesterday which was... an interesting exercise! 

Anyone have any tips on mailing this thing? I understand he wants to send through Canada Post, but more interested in how folks actually packed up their molds. 

FB_IMG_1551716150367.jpg

I shoved a bunch of plastic grocery bags in the mold, then packed it with standard air based packing materials around the mold

Well it is confirmed that the extra weight is mostly due to the cage. It is heavier than the ones Protechsport normally uses for the Lefebvre style. Michel checked in to see if I got the mask and offered up the tidbit. 

Do cages from other manufacturers(custom cages, goalieparts etc) work on the protechsport masks or would you have to get any replacement cage from Michel?  Debating ordering a mask from him but would like to get a more colorful/different style(open mouth cat eye) of cage

When I ordered mine from Michel, I asked for the extended chin and his suggestion was 8.5” as well. He said anything longer interferes with the C/A from his experience. 

When it came to packing my mold, I stuffed my box with crumpled newspaper. I was concerned as mine was a little flimsy but Michel said it made the trip just fine. 

Hope this helps. 

On 3/5/2019 at 8:48 AM, Telfo said:

Do cages from other manufacturers(custom cages, goalieparts etc) work on the protechsport masks or would you have to get any replacement cage from Michel?  Debating ordering a mask from him but would like to get a more colorful/different style(open mouth cat eye) of cage

Otny makes his cages, so you could order from goalieparts. It’s a slightly better deal to get from him direct since there’s a fluctuating conversion rate. If you get a random cage, you could probably send it to him and he could make it fit with custom hole placement. 

As for sending the mold off, I packed it with a ton of empty grocery bags. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Nice.   Thanks.

Correct -- he also works a full-time job, last time I checked. All things considered, it's amazing he can produce the amount of high-quality, custom masks that he does. And on top of it all, he's a lovely person to deal with. Guys like Michel are a dying breed in every industry.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a quick video of my protech, with eyecandy air paint. I’ve had the mask since December, while the whole process and wait time was long both companies were very upfront about it and I never once felt like I was being forgotten or lied too. I couldn’t be any happier with the performance or look.

Edited by Shady80

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, Shady80 said:

Here is a quick video of my protech, with eyecandy air paint. I’ve had the mask since December, while the whole process and wait time was long both companies were very upfront about it and I never once felt like I was being forgotten or lied too. I couldn’t be any happier with the performance or look.

Can't see anything playing in Chrome browser.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks, I’ve begun the descent down the @bunnyman666-hole and after a few emails with Michel... I’m going for it!

I have a few clarifying questions, as there seems to almost be a “secret menu” of features beyond the Protechsport website:

- What are all the colours of strapping available?

- What are all my cage options? I know he offers a cheater, and I want one, but are there different versions?

- What is the difference between black/cream foam?

Thanks!

Edited by HP29