What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

On 4/20/2021 at 8:01 AM, bildeer said:

I don't want to derail the thread but I've been thinking, is there any chance that we could get the Steve Passmore blocker review up on this website? It is of great historical and cultural significance!

I have been the steward of the Passmore blocker for the last three years. @MTH graciously let me be the caregiver after I lost my colon. The Passmore helped me heal. Whilst it welched on the promise to grow my colon back, the Passmore has more than made up for that iniquity. The new Passmore review shall be initiated. It will be “Passmore 2.0: a new beginning”.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So after a very long wait I finally got my truck.  2021 GMC Canyon Elevation.  Took a while to find one locally in the color and trim I want without too many extras.  Didn't wanna have too many options to boost the price, I try to keep all the creature comforts to my wife's vehicle.  A lot of the local trucks had more than I wanted to pay for.  This one ended up having one package I didn't want but I sucked it up.  It was pretty basic aside from that.  HUGE thanks to @Mike24!!!  You're a fucking saint dude.  I'll post pictures in a few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 2:25 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Because I like white lol.  Most of my cars have been white.

As a fellow white truck enthusiast I'll plus one this. White looks good, looks fairly clean even when its fairly dirty, can be one of the cheaper paints for repairs if need be... and for me personally was the color of choice of my gramps so I'm keeping the tradition alive.

We starting a white truck subgroup?

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, BadAngle41 said:

New (to me) gear hauler. Actually has an enormous boot. The 40/20/40 split makes it great as the kids car seats can stay in place and I can knock down the ski pass for sticks... then leg pads fit in perfectly... and bag.

Ceramic_01.thumb.jpg.cb2288d584560b9953b666a5f8229e00.jpg

Ceramic_02.thumb.jpg.c8c86ff21a9c4beea7e76dcc82dac5ad.jpg

What is the average height and weight by position of players in the NFL? -  Quora

"Mercedes? Hey hotshot, what's wrong with Detroit cars?"

But if your best friend is killed by karate using ex-con who used "to (make love) to guys like you in prison". You can drive your MB at full speed at his buddies, through a gate, while being shot at without concern...

Road House Mercedes on Make a GIF

So, wise purchase.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MTH said:

What is the average height and weight by position of players in the NFL? -  Quora

"Mercedes? Hey hotshot, what's wrong with Detroit cars?"

But if your best friend is killed by karate using ex-con who used "to (make love) to guys like you in prison". You can drive your MB at full speed at his buddies, through a gate, while being shot at without concern...

Road House Mercedes on Make a GIF

So, wise purchase.

Shots fired 💯 why the purchase was made. 
Weather it’s getting shelled on the ice or at home the kids shooting verbal attacks…

Son - “Dad you don’t have any friends.”

Daughter - “If Dad wants to pretend to have friends we should let him. He’s just pretending.”

Me - “Thanks guys.” 🤦🏻‍♂️

The Mercedes is my brief respite from it all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 7:49 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

0B166E29-2ECC-44BD-A05A-6F548C1854C8.thumb.jpeg.11a627bc383b2311df4d0f87f51744fd.jpeg

I know that place....

I can't afford to go there. But I frequent the place across the street buying more parts for my fleet of crappy jeeps.

Someday.... someday.

I did see an actual new Bronco (not the lame Bronco Sport) in the wild at Ace today. $41k sticker. 

19 hours ago, MTH said:

I know that place....

I can't afford to go there. But I frequent the place across the street buying more parts for my fleet of crappy jeeps.

Someday.... someday.

I did see an actual new Bronco (not the lame Bronco Sport) in the wild at Ace today. $41k sticker. 

Ooooh I saw a new Bronco on the road last week. So nice!

3 hours ago, MTH said:

My wife is looking to buy a new 4runner. They're impossible to get. Figures.

I've an '08 now that just rolled 100,000 miles, I love it. I keep window shopping newer ones but can't justify the cost with minimal benefits. If they ever did a hybrid I'd be all over it, the current MPG is terrible.