The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

47 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Blackwood is what, 6’4? 33 would seem short but that thigh rise is ridiculous 

Not if you pull the boot up higher on your skate. Looks like a pretty flat boot break. I'd guess extra stiff too.

40 minutes ago, Urabus33 said:

IIRC he had some really weird specs like the offset toe bridge, boot bump to add height and other stuff as well.

Better yet, when I asked vaughn a year or so ago if I could order an identical pad in a smaller size they said it wouldn't be possible!

12 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

IIRC he had some really weird specs like the offset toe bridge, boot bump to add height and other stuff as well.

I don't actually think the specs are that weird?

He has the pads sit high off his skates. They are not meant to be anchored with the boot sitting flash against the top of his skates.

It's all about closing the 5 hole and feeling like you can maximize the rotation in the ankle area.

I accidentally started wearing my USs this way. It's not for everyone, but it works well

8 minutes ago, MTH said:

Cool link bro.

When do they start playing though?

(The NBC Olympic website is confusing as heck)

I wonder if it's google using links more situated for one's geographical location.

This was my first link that showed up and keeps it easy to understand for us simpletons.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/olympics/2022/stats/schedule

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I wonder if it's google using links more situated for one's geographical location.

This was my first link that showed up and keeps it easy to understand for us simpletons.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/olympics/2022/stats/schedule

I wish I was a simpleton. I'm lower. A moron.

I Am A Moron | Retired, Not Dead

NBC site has boxes that link to the games. The NBC olympic hockey one has a pop up for cookies. China+cookies... pass on that.

Just wanted a schedule for games in Eastern Time Zone. Wikipedia had the closest thing that was easy to follow. Men start tomorrow. Play 5 days.