Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

7 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Never posted video here before

Played in a Hockey Fights Cancer charity game a couple weekends ago, we raised $4k

Here's a clip of me getting sniped by Chase DeLeo (I think, don't remember what # he was wearing)

Is that your family cheering that you got scored on? 

Trouble at home? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Because why not. 

20220907_193640.thumb.jpg.b14f4655cb40cc3e396dd1ef8d5c583f.jpg

First thoughts on the G5:

- My rgt2's have a stiffer boot and thigrise. 

- blocker is nice and comfortable 

- catcher came with a 60 degree liner but feels nice. Very snappy. I think the feel of my rgt2 is better, but golve feels good. 

Get my first try with these tomorrow, but I was a bit whelmed when I first saw them. Didn't expect my "hybrid" set to be stiffer. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Because why not. 

- catcher came with a 60 degree liner but feels nice. Very snappy. I think the feel of my rgt2 is better, but golve feels good. 

Get my first try with these tomorrow, but I was a bit whelmed when I first saw them. Didn't expect my "hybrid" set to be stiffer. 

That’s what happens when they come with an external break. I’m sure that mine are much stiffer since I ordered them with the extra stiff thigh rise and no external breaks. 

All part of the options that can make one line of pads flex into both roles. 

New set to me, sold my Vapor 2x set to get this one. What firefighter doesn't loves a flames...lol.  Just need to find a set of the black CRS boots straps or even just one as there is one missing on the set. Don't like playing without boots straps.

28cf31dac00ae7b5_original.jpeg

Edited by Snowman30
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, mikemc620 said:

That’s what happens when they come with an external break. I’m sure that mine are much stiffer since I ordered them with the extra stiff thigh rise and no external breaks. 

All part of the options that can make one line of pads flex into both roles. 

My R/GT2 is a single external break, but only a single internal. These are single outside, and double inside. 

Still, even aside from the double internal, the break at the knee and boot are both softer too. 

36 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

New set to me, sold my Vapor 2x set to get this one. What firefighter doesn't loves a flames...lol.  Just need to find a set of the black CRS boots straps or even just one as there is one missing on the set. Don't like playing without boots straps.

28cf31dac00ae7b5_original.jpeg

I have a full set of black CRS straps available. Though, you'll have to buy the 2S pads they come with first. ;) 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Because why not. 

So does the 60 liner make it feel like a Bauer Vapor/9000 glove? 

As for the GT2 pads, that would mean that they aren't a true old school flex pad, just a tapered boot. They do feel a tad stiffer than my older Smith 1000s I once owned. We'll call the GT line hockey's crossover. Now that it's no longer in production (custom orders), everything falls onto the G6. Do they offer a tapered boot? Can't remember the options.

2 minutes ago, RichMan said:

So does the 60 liner make it feel like a Bauer Vapor/9000 glove? 

As for the GT2 pads, that would mean that they aren't a true old school flex pad, just a tapered boot. They do feel a tad stiffer than my older Smith 1000s I once owned. We'll call the GT line hockey's crossover. Now that it's no longer in production (custom orders), everything falls onto the G6. Do they offer a tapered boot? Can't remember the options.

Honestly, makes it feel more like my GT2 lol. It's a fairly similar feeling. 

There's more torsional flex, but vertical flex, these used G5's are softer. I think the stock offer on the G6 (middle break w/ stiff thigh) is exactly what I'm after. 

And don't believe so. You can modify the calf wraps and the breaks, but that's about it. 

• Thanks 1