Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

New to my knowledge. Thanks for the info.

The design isn't new, the guy just builds them stronger than any other one.  Some people will argue it's good, some will argue it's bad.  Bottom line is, try one for yourself, I personally bought one and loved it so much I bought 4 more and now swear by them.  Every mask that enters my rotation gets one by default.

3 hours ago, Math. said:

The design isn't new, the guy just builds them stronger than any other one.  Some people will argue it's good, some will argue it's bad.  Bottom line is, try one for yourself, I personally bought one and loved it so much I bought 4 more and now swear by them.  Every mask that enters my rotation gets one by default.

Not arguing. I had one made for my Reidic. When I get my hands on a Coveted, I'll do the same.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Math. said:

Downward vision is awesome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Math. said:

The cage that Marco made for my Coveted is an absolute tank, and his customer service is second to none. Worth every single penny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, insertnamehere said:

I've been getting a few too many stingers lately, but I don't want to change my glove.

Found this product on Amazon and will give it a go this evening. 

IMG_20221003_172226476_HDR.jpg

Jukka at Goalie Pro came out with this one a couple years ago.

https://www.hockeymonkey.ca/goaliepro-goalie-accessories-padded-underglove-sr.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkOqZBhDNARIsAACsbfJTe5g99zdT65GVC5RygyLH952nwz5WYlzHYanVe130FJDHPAlyqyoaAvv2EALw_wcB#1053=70631&1054=75857

Also found this one.

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/products/lizard-skins-senior-padded-inner-glove

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RichMan said:

I don’t bother with lizard skinz anymore. They rip and tear if you use them often enough. And the goaliepro has only regular so, I am currently wearing this

… and a picture of the front, for some reason their website doesn’t include it lol. They also have a full finger version but don’t have it for the right hand. 

BDB4D56E-63AF-4F79-B9A8-CD0969E050C1.jpeg

My Pads arrived!!! I can't be any happier on how they turned out.

Ordered June 17th received Oct 12.

I went with Mach series and made some changes to the stock options:

Leg pads: soft/Hyperlite flex, stabilflex knee

Catcher: pro plam, double - reinforced tee, added wrist strap

Blocker: stock

Colors: Black, metallic gold & Vegas gray

E7F9640B-E3CE-4952-8B3D-B860B78B0778.heic

Edited by wvuviv30
  • Like 2

Haven't posted for awhile.  Setup I'm trying to go with for the season.  I love my old Boddam Hybrid pads so anything else is stiff to me.  Went with Bauer Reactor 9000s and trying not to dump them right away like I have with so many other pads.  Just a fill in guy now so black and white for me.  Jerseys from Rockstar, sticks from hockeystickman, protechsport mask, blocker is 1x skinned ultrasonic and sub3 glove with small internals.  

PXL_20221015_195926496.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 4:13 PM, daffy said:

Haven't posted for awhile.  Setup I'm trying to go with for the season.  I love my old Boddam Hybrid pads so anything else is stiff to me.  Went with Bauer Reactor 9000s and trying not to dump them right away like I have with so many other pads.  Just a fill in guy now so black and white for me.  Jerseys from Rockstar, sticks from hockeystickman, protechsport mask, blocker is 1x skinned ultrasonic and sub3 glove with small internals.  

PXL_20221015_195926496.jpg

I had the 6000 and the 9000. The 9000 was way stiffer and heavier for me. They definitely need time to break in.

Bought another clavicle protector. A CCM TC-500 to replace the Bauer Reactor one.  The Bauer was okay but never seemed that protective but, having them side by side the clavicle padding in the Bauer one is much thicker that the clavicle padding of the CCM. But the throat padding of the CCM is better than the throat padding of the Bauer. So now what? 

I'm going to try the CCM tomorrow night. My concern now is the thin padding. I wanted it for the throat protection and the wrap around neck piece is nice, could be a little hotter but will find out tomorrow. Just wish the clavicle padding was thicker. It was $24 shipped so it's not that big of a deal if it doesn't work out. 

20221020_152153.jpg

20221020_152514.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Bought another clavicle protector. A CCM TC-500 to replace the Bauer Reactor one.  The Bauer was okay but never seemed that protective but, having them side by side the clavicle padding in the Bauer one is much thicker that the clavicle padding of the CCM. But the throat padding of the CCM is better than the throat padding of the Bauer. So now what? 

I'm going to try the CCM tomorrow night. My concern now is the thin padding. I wanted it for the throat protection and the wrap around neck piece is nice, could be a little hotter but will find out tomorrow. Just wish the clavicle padding was thicker. It was $24 shipped so it's not that big of a deal if it doesn't work out. 

20221020_152153.jpg

20221020_152514.jpg

I used to use those and they were okay. Had the ccm for years, also the Vapors.  Not sure if something happened to me, I can't recall.. .but I ended up going with Kova a few years back. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scythe said:

I'm going to try the CCM tomorrow night. My concern now is the thin padding. I wanted it for the throat protection [...]

My kid has that one, the part that wraps is more against skate cuts, but the raised ridge is nice. He thankfully hasn't gotten any to the throat yet, but I think if he moves up a level I will get him an Aegis for against impacts.

• Like 1