Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Not a major purchase by any means, but I picked up these CCM Edge socks recently. Will be using them tomorrow. The old RBK Edge socks only had the velcro tabs on the front part of the sock which I thought was weird, so I never bothered trying them out, but these CCM Edge versions have velcro attachment points on the front and back which is nice. 

I have never worn the edge type socks until this season (my beer league team was given a pair - antique gold colour which matches nothing I have) and I love them very much. So much room for knee pads and they fit a lot better than your traditional knit socks I've worn my whole life, so I wanted to buy myself another pair to use for my other skates. I just went with black since it will not show any sweat stains and will "go" with my black jersey I wear for drop-in, etc. 

Anyone else wear the Edge type socks? I went with the SR size.

FGL_332532506_01_a-CCM-SX6000-Practice-Sock-Senior_grande.jpg?v=1553009643

Edited by creasecollector

41 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Not a major purchase by any means, but I picked up these CCM Edge socks recently. Will be using them tomorrow. The old RBK Edge socks only had the velcro tabs on the front part of the sock which I thought was weird, so I never bothered trying them out, but these CCM Edge versions have velcro attachment points on the front and back which is nice. 

I have never worn the edge type socks until this season (my beer league team was given a pair - antique gold colour which matches nothing I have) and I love them very much. So much room for knee pads and they fit a lot better than your traditional knit socks I've worn my whole life, so I wanted to buy myself another pair to use for my other skates. I just went with black since it will not show any sweat stains and will "go" with my black jersey I wear for drop-in, etc. 

Anyone else wear the Edge type socks? I went with the SR size.

FGL_332532506_01_a-CCM-SX6000-Practice-Sock-Senior_grande.jpg?v=1553009643

I've been using Bauer whatever model senior socks for a while now, for the same reason that they have Velcro front and back. Wish I could still find them, but CCM might have to do when mine wear out (only a couple of holes right now). 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

I've been using Bauer whatever model senior socks for a while now, for the same reason that they have Velcro front and back. Wish I could still find them, but CCM might have to do when mine wear out (only a couple of holes right now). 

I used these CCM socks for the first time this morning and they were great. I know it's just socks, but I feel like they did the job well and fit very nicely around my massive KOHO Pro Swiss knee guards with ease. They are built a lot nicer than my knockoff Edge socks I switched to earlier in the season for my team. Looks like I can (finally) kiss my knit socks goodbye!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, BadAngle41 said:

It's reinforced in both the T and the Spine. Helps with durability to a degree in that it will take longer to break down... and of course you have the flip side to some degree in potentially a longer break-in period as well. It has the same crease in the T as a standard... but it certainly a thicker insert than stock. I opted for it in my lastest set. If you're a goalie who has a habit of pushing down on their pocket a bunch (like i do) and you're getting a custom it's worth considering. 

Image taken from the My Bauer Custom Goal Gear Catalog (2S & 2X)

image.thumb.png.998de1454a67fc74b38781a12789e674.png

Didn't they begin to do this once a shot had sht through a x900 glove in a pro europe league

12 hours ago, Big H said:

Didn't they begin to do this once a shot had sht through a x900 glove in a pro europe league

No... while that happened... reinforced Ts have been around for a long long time for all manufacturers. I just used the Bauer image as it gave a good visual as to where the reinforcement is placed etc. Usually the lacing would give out before the actual T or Spine would. But with enough time and use you'll see just about anything.

My Sparx sharpener arrived yesterday! Since it was her idea (and she had an ice time last night), my wife's skates were the first ones to get sharpened. Kids got a kick out of watching it too! It's still a bit surreal... I can get our skates sharpened any time I want - and it's so easy to use. I'm blown away.

image.thumb.png.a32d96947a916b6cbac667c704009057.png

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

My Sparx sharpener arrived yesterday! Since it was her idea (and she had an ice time last night), my wife's skates were the first ones to get sharpened. Kids got a kick out of watching it too! It's still a bit surreal... I can get our skates sharpened any time I want - and it's so easy to use. I'm blown away.

Fitting to take a pic of the skate being sharpened as you can peer in the back a copy of the renowned textbook The Art of War B|

A subliminal message perhaps? :D

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2020 at 10:07 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

I love mine (no more waiting for slow mail ins in my area or crummy sharps / no sharps last minute). 

What radius did you go with? I felt it took me a bit to get the finishing steps right I’d be interested (in your other thread) to hear your process and experiences. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:39 PM, RichMan said:

Fitting to take a pic of the skate being sharpened as you can peer in the back a copy of the renowned textbook The Art of War B|

A subliminal message perhaps? :D

Lol! Nah, I just set up the machine on the desk where I (used to) build my model tanks and AFVs; the books behind are mostly pictorial references.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, benner33 said:

I love mine (no more waiting for slow mail ins in my area or crummy sharps / no sharps last minute). 

What radius did you go with? I felt it took me a bit to get the finishing steps right I’d be interested (in your other thread) to hear your process and experiences. 

Cool - I’ll post a reply to the other Sparx thread soon.