2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

23 minutes ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

What stick is Flower using? All black, couldn’t tell at all.

Very disappointed by VGKs gold jerseys, they look bad on the ice. Loved them originally.

17B6D26A-F6A1-48D8-917A-DDCEAB3D9352.png

If not True, probably a blacked out CCM stick. He was using True sticks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

What stick is Flower using? All black, couldn’t tell at all.

Very disappointed by VGKs gold jerseys, they look bad on the ice. Loved them originally.

17B6D26A-F6A1-48D8-917A-DDCEAB3D9352.png

some ccm foam core i believe 

2 hours ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

If we’re talking about OG Colorado Rockies they absolutely need to go back to those colors!

nah their mlb team. i actually like the purple though but the colors for the hockey team were great. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 2:24 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

2. It's been confirmed that NHL goalies have wanted to try Warrior gear (either during training camp of during the season) and Warrior has declined to provide them to the goalies.

https://www.goaliegearnerd.com/goalie-news/2020/3/3/but-why-dont-i-see-warrior-goalie-gear-in-the-nhl

Whether or not it's them saving face for their gear not being in as high as demand can definitely be debated, but Warriors parent company New Balance has a heavy marketing focus on non North American markets. It wouldn't be too far fetched to see them adopt the same market entry strategy on their hockey gear.

So I spotted these on Facebook today...

image.png.d5eb25cf2f1499a019ddf32636321b96.png

image.thumb.png.b92f951a29236256c90a0de1f73d04e8.png

Quote from the GGN article

Will Warrior goalie gear return the NHL?  Maybe. As their innovations continue to garner attention, it’s possible that Warrior will decide they’re willing to outfit a pro goalie with a logoless set of gear (they’ve declined offers from NHL tendies who have previously inquired about wearing their equipment).

Seller says they are G3s, hopefully someone with more attachment to the brand can check the graphic and verify. 

So if G5 was released 2020, G4 would have been 2018, then these would have been 2016 - placing them around his time with Chicago.

9 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

So I spotted these on Facebook today...

image.png.d5eb25cf2f1499a019ddf32636321b96.png

image.thumb.png.b92f951a29236256c90a0de1f73d04e8.png

Quote from the GGN article

Seller says they are G3s, hopefully someone with more attachment to the brand can check the graphic and verify. 

So if G5 was released 2020, G4 would have been 2018, then these would have been 2016 - placing them around his time with Chicago.

Those are definitely G3's and your estimate for the timeframe is correct as well.

That's also around the time they signed Shannon Szabados (or I heavily believe they sponsored her). So I wonder if they tested the waters around that time?

Shit, I don't know. I just parrot what I hear and come to my own conclusions from there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Those are definitely G3's and your estimate for the timeframe is correct as well.

That's also around the time they signed Shannon Szabados (or I heavily believe they sponsored her). So I wonder if they tested the waters around that time?

Shit, I don't know. I just parrot what I hear and come to my own conclusions from there.

First pass, I read the last sentence as concussions, got worried for a second that you've been thinking too hard

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Actually got to talk to her about that. It was much more of a, 'I like your gear, want to use my face and give me free gear' sort of deal by how she described it.

13 hours ago, keeperton said:

Actually got to talk to her about that. It was much more of a, 'I like your gear, want to use my face and give me free gear' sort of deal by how she described it.

That's cool. I'm dissapointed I didn't take the time to talk to her when she was in town for Tendyfest a few years ago.

To be fair, she was pretty pre-occupied with a lot of starry eyed kids and I didn't want to be that guy.

unnamed.gif.7f7b89eb4dfb3d38208d480c4ec165b0.gif

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2021 at 7:07 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

That's cool. I'm dissapointed I didn't take the time to talk to her when she was in town for Tendyfest a few years ago.

To be fair, she was pretty pre-occupied with a lot of starry eyed kids and I didn't want to be that guy.

unnamed.gif.7f7b89eb4dfb3d38208d480c4ec165b0.gif

That is when I got to talk to her lol. She's a super pleasant person.

17 hours ago, Charlie T said:

In the NHL, yes. He is still using the pads from last year, I believe Jeremy Swayman in the Bruins Organization is also using a 12.1 set from Pre-True signing.

Varly is still using his unmarked stuff from last season too.

Edited by keeperton

On 1/19/2021 at 1:42 PM, RichMan said:

I'm in love with Jake Allen's mask but looking around on Google, it seems there are 2 versions from DaveArt? One without the Fleur de Lys and one with? 

Yes!! I also just love Allen’s mask! It is reminiscent of the iconic Harrison designs of the 90s, where sharp contrasts, bright colours and recognizable imagery were masterfully harmonized. Ah, the good old days... lol!

On the topic of Allen and his perhaps-unintended nods to the past, how about the subtle brand mixing? At a glance, it looks like he’s got a True set with simple red design - but he’s rocking a Brian’s trapper!

Of course this makes me think of another Habs goalie who went Brian’s (and Heaton) for his trappers...

6CEDB46B-68D1-4A4E-A5D6-478F56DB90D6.jpeg

20E0A9F6-2BA3-4C54-8FF7-DC4A4A7C08AA.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

Ah before Roy went Koho for life. 

Any anyone remember when Roy had a big 33 on that Ferland Blocker?

Of course! He actually stuck with the Ferland blocker for quite a long time, IIRC.

And the Lefebvre (with a “b”) pads, branded with the simple “L” logo on the thigh rise - an important detail when drawing Roy as a kid 😉

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Haha 1