Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

Retirement is great. Not going to lie. I see guys at the rink all the time and they will ask if I miss it. Nope. 

You know how many bad goals I let in the past two years? None.

How many times I had to skip out on family stuff for a game? None.

Hip and knee pain? None.

Still not getting rid of my gear. F off.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MTH said:

Retirement is great. Not going to lie. I see guys at the rink all the time and they will ask if I miss it. Nope. 

You know how many bad goals I let in the past two years? None.

How many times I had to skip out on family stuff for a game? None.

Hip and knee pain? None.

Still not getting rid of my gear. F off.

"I don't miss being a goalie at all!"

- As he proceeds to continuously post in a goalie only forum.

Don't think you're slick, we know you miss it.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:01 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I don’t follow baseball at all but I was just reminded that this has been passed around in my family

37326D23-CB79-403E-9EED-054E238A956B.thumb.jpeg.b8cc18dbf8e1031f811aa23064ffea81.jpeg
Maybe it’s just me but I think it’s time for a replacement 😉

Retro stuff is cool. The National League championship stuff is way cool. We always laughed at the stuff because when your team wins that - you rush out and get the National League champ stuff and wear the shit out of it for a week or so until your team either A) wins the championship and you get the new world champs stuff or B) they lose and you're wearing a second place champs shirt like a jabroni.

30 years later? That NL champ shirt is pretty rad.

BTW - that 1991 World Series was amazing. I was 13 years old. No internet. No streaming services. So everyone watched the MLB Playoffs. No wild card. You had the best record in your division, you were in the playoffs. Two division champs played a series, winner plays in World Series.

Every game was on the major network. Old school broadcasters with sport coats.

Simpler times. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

"I don't miss being a goalie at all!"

- As he proceeds to continuously post in a goalie only forum.

Don't think you're slick, we know you miss it.

This part I like. Standing on the ice with 10 loafs skating around you, I got tired of.

Also, I don't have any social media, so this is about it for me online.

Edited by MTH
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 4:12 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Well it's happened boys. 

I have finally been scored on from outside of the blue line. 

Mon dieu 

Happens to the best of us, I let in the biggest muffin from the blue line last night that ended up being the deciding goal. 🤦‍♂️

Playing in a league with a large variety of skill levels is so strange, some guys got lasers and others go for the high arc shots 

4 hours ago, dretti33 said:

Happens to the best of us, I let in the biggest muffin from the blue line last night that ended up being the deciding goal. 🤦‍♂️

Playing in a league with a large variety of skill levels is so strange, some guys got lasers and others go for the high arc shots 

That's the worst, trying to adjust to multiple skill levels on the fly. 

• Like 2

Anyone here ever heard of Hespeler hockey sticks? They were hand made in a small shop in Hespeler, Ontario (since renamed Cambridge). I used to live 15 minutes away and as recently as the early 2000's would drop by the since expanded shop, shoot the breeze with some of the guys and inhale that wonderful aroma of ash wood sticks in various stages of completion.

They have a new owner (Roustan) who is moving the only North American wood hockey stick manufacturer 30 minutes down the road to Brantford, hometown of that Gretzky kid.

In this video you will see their sticks branded as True, Christian Bros, amongst others.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2319192

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wonder35 said:

Anyone here ever heard of Hespeler hockey sticks? They were hand made in a small shop in Hespeler, Ontario (since renamed Cambridge). I used to live 15 minutes away and as recently as the early 2000's would drop by the since expanded shop, shoot the breeze with some of the guys and inhale that wonderful aroma of ash wood sticks in various stages of completion.

They have a new owner (Roustan) who is moving the only North American wood hockey stick manufacturer 30 minutes down the road to Brantford, hometown of that Gretzky kid.

In this video you will see their sticks branded as True, Christian Bros, amongst others.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2319192

I had heard about the upcoming move, and then the Hockey News posted about it yesterday.  I am really happy that money is being invested to build a larger manufacturing plant.  The deal with Canadian Tire has certainly provided them the promise of stability.  I am a big fan of the SL900 goal stick.
I recall both Kirk McLean and Chris Osgood being Hespeler users.  I always hated how high up the paddle the Hespeler logo was.  Partially covered by the blocker, and then a big gap down by the blade.

• Like 1