Warrior G5

cwarnar

5 hours ago, kippewit said:

I think with all social media nowadays, even having someone play in unbranded gear would be major advertising. Imagine everyone online discussing what gear someone is using. The name "Warrior" would come up pretty fast.

They don't need to do that bc people talk already, why do u think NHL charge brands so much for  advertising?!?  Stupid kids use to buy gear with the NHL badge on it thinking it was great but social media killed that.  Only stupid kids need validation of the gear they have.  That's why they bauer  vaughn and ccm  underarmour sponsors certain schools and leagues and teams.  U think TPS was great gear in 94-96 that all CHL goalies wear it, some even had it ghost by lefverbe ( garon blocker with tigers)

On 1/27/2020 at 9:37 AM, Teezle said:

image.png.fce885ec726e3f2441a441d0955a65fc.png

Glove break - I found that this piece basically runs on top of the break and changes the closure from \/ to |_| because your hand has to close around that rod of foam.I wish they'd remove it and go back to how the break was on the G3 glove.

I have the G3 glove and it has that triangular rod giving it a I_I closure as well. I also had the G2 and it had a I_I but the foam rod was not as triangulated/3-dimensional as the G3->G5. Ever since I’ve used the Warrior I_I palm closure, I will never go back to a pancake V closure again. 

12 hours ago, BonesDT said:

I have the G3 glove and it has that triangular rod giving it a I_I closure as well. I also had the G2 and it had a I_I but the foam rod was not as triangulated/3-dimensional as the G3->G5. Ever since I’ve used the Warrior I_I palm closure, I will never go back to a pancake V closure again. 

Interesting - I feel like that piece was enlarged from the G3 to the GT2. When I close the gloves, I can feel it in the palm break on the GT2 and it's not noticeable on my G3.

6 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Interesting - I feel like that piece was enlarged from the G3 to the GT2. When I close the gloves, I can feel it in the palm break on the GT2 and it's not noticeable on my G3.

Well, all I know is that it was certainly enlarged from the G2 to the G3 because I had both. The G2 has a flat block while the G3 turned into a triangular wedge. I don’t have any experience with the GT2 or G4 so I don’t know if there was further enlargement of that piece but my G3 looks just like that G5 picture. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

@Kirk3190 That mask looks interesting. Can you at least answer these few questions before the official media release:

- One pro model or Pro/SR/JR models?

- ABS or Fiberglass or Composite mix?

- Made local or overseas?

- Chin cup or sling?

Not sure on the other questions, but it looks like there's 3 models for sr, 2 for jr, and a youth mask: http://www.hecc.net/certprods.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Don't know why but I'm feeling a Reidic vibe from that mask.

@estogoalie what do you think?

43 minutes ago, netminder said:

I get an Ollie mask vibe tbh

To both of you I say this, think if The Bauer 960 and The CCM Pro had a love child. I saw it, I tried it on and it's unmistakable to think of one if not both of those masks as you see it and feel it. It's fantastic and I'm very excited for it. While I got a G5 set coming, the mask is what I really look forward to. It's about time we had another nice mask thrown back into the mix, I see this mask catapulting Warrior to the next level and turning the corner to be as recognized as the other big boys.

2 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

To both of you I say this, think if The Bauer 960 and The CCM Pro had a love child. I saw it, I tried it on and it's unmistakable to think of one if not both of those masks as you see it and feel it. It's fantastic and I'm very excited for it. While I got a G5 set coming, the mask is what I really look forward to. It's about time we had another nice mask thrown back into the mix, I see this mask catapulting Warrior to the next level and turning the corner to be as recognized as the other big boys.

Ah now, you went and just STIRED UP the pot now didn't you, yes you did!!!

We DEFINITELY need more pics and info now!!!! :D 

1 minute ago, RichMan said:

Ah now, you went and just STIRED UP the pot now didn't you, yes you did!!!

We DEFINITELY need more pics and info now!!!! :D 

That's all you get from me. Pictures I cannot do as I was instructed not to share anything from the catalog until released. You'll just have to be patient.

True custom would be cool AF!  Smart money would be on a handful of options just like their main competition but if any of the big players were going to think outside the box and offer up custom padding and a paint/wrap service for an all inclusive price my money would be on Warrior being the ones to have the cajones to step up and try it.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, Puckstopper said:

True custom would be cool AF!  Smart money would be on a handful of options just like their main competition but if any of the big players were going to think outside the box and offer up custom padding and a paint/wrap service for an all inclusive price my money would be on Warrior being the ones to have the cajones to step up and try it.

Betcha Bauer would be first.

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Betcha Bauer would be first.

I see where your head is based on True Design, etc, etc...  Both companies are willing to take risks to satisfy their customers.  I guess what I SHOULD have said was that I would bet on Warrior being the company to do this at a price point I can stomach and without nickle and diming us to death.

• Like 1